What are the symptoms of H1N1?
Symptoms may include fever over 100 degrees, body aches, headache, fatigue, cough, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, vomiting, and diarrhea. If symptoms become severe, health officials advise you to contact a health-care provider. Severe symptoms vary by age.
For adults, look for:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Fast or troubled breathing
- Bluish skin color
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Not waking or interacting
- Being so irritable that the child doesn't want to be held
- Flulike symptoms that improve but then return with fever and a worse cough
- Fever with a rash
What is the incubation period for H1N1?
The incubation period for the flu is normally 24-48 hours, and the contagious period lasts for seven days after the onset of symptoms.