December 10, 2007
Video series takes mystery out of commodity marketingWEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The art of marketing commodity grains can often be challenging, but an IP video series to be offered in a number of regional locations will help eliminate some of the mystery for farm women.
"Unraveling the Mystery of Commodity Marketing for Farm Women," sponsored by the Women in Agriculture team of the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service, is being offered for two hours every Thursday at 7 p.m. (EST) from Jan. 17 through Feb. 14.
"After the annual Women in Agriculture conference each year, we've had several ladies tell us that it would be very helpful to spend more time learning about commodity marketing," said Extension educator Kelly Easterday. "Because the concept of marketing is such a challenging one, we decided to create a series that would dig a little deeper and would be easily accessible throughout the state."
Although the series is directed toward farm women, Easterday said anyone is welcome.
"We are really targeting those who may not have had much involvement in marketing crops but want to learn more," she said.
The series will be held in the following 15 locations:
* Purdue Extension office, Bartholomew County, Columbus, Ind., (812) 379-1665
* Purdue Extension office, Clay County, Brazil, Ind., (812) 448-9041
* Danville Area Community College, Danville, Ill., (217) 465-8585
* Purdue Extension office, Harrison County, Corydon, Ind., (812) 738-4236
* Purdue Extension office, Howard County, Kokomo, Ind., (765) 456-2313
* Purdue Extension office, Jasper County, Rensselaer, Ind., (219) 866-5741
* Purdue Extension office, LaGrange County, LaGrange, Ind., (260) 499-6334
* Purdue Extension office, Lawrence County, Bedford, Ind., (812) 275-4623
* Parke County Extension office, Rockville, Ind., (765) 569-3176
* Purdue Extension office, Perry County, Tell City, Ind., (812) 574-7084
* Purdue Extension office, Pike County, Petersburg, Ind., (812) 354-6838
* Pinney-Purdue Agricultural Center, Wanatah, Ind., (219) 465-3555
* Purdue Extension office, Pulaski County, Winamac, Ind., (574) 946-3412
* Purdue Extension office, Tipton County, Tipton, Ind., (765) 675-1177
* Purdue Extension office, White County, Reynolds, Ind., (219) 984-5115
More information and registration forms are available on the Women in Agriculture Web site at https://www.agriculture.purdue.edu/wia. Registration is $40 per person and $15 for each additional member of the same family, and the registration deadline is Jan. 7.
Writer: Jennifer Stewart Cummins, (765) 494-6682, email@example.com
Source: Kelly Easterday, (574) 372-2340, firstname.lastname@example.org
To the News Service home page