September 2, 2008
Public, students, invited to Krannert business speakers seriesWEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Financial analysts, company CEOs and marketing executives are among the leaders who will address students and the public at Purdue University's Krannert School of Management during a fall class and speakers' series.
Started in 1973, the Krannert Executive Forum is an undergraduate class for both management and non-management students, primarily seniors. Richard A. Cosier, Krannert School dean and Leeds Professor of Management, coordinates the class.
"The business leaders we bring in for this series all have diverse real-world experiences and useful insights to share with our students," Cosier said. "The Krannert Executive Forum helps students visualize and understand the business world waiting for them beyond graduation."
The forum meets from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. each Friday in Jerry S. Rawls Hall, Room 1086, and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
Dates, speakers and titles of talks include:
* Sept. 5 - David Fox, financial analyst, Credit Suisse Alternative Investments, "From West Lafayette to Wall Street."
* Sept. 12 - William and Kathleen Scheessele, president and CEO and executive vice president, Mastering Business Development Inc., "30 Years, 30 Lessons, 30 Minutes, Q&A."
* Sept. 19 - Jack Hockema, chairman, president and CEO, Kaiser Aluminum Corp., "Life is What Happens When You Have Other Plans."
* Sept. 26 - Earl Major, human resources business leader, Humana, "Human Capital at Humana: How a Top Health Solutions Company Defines its Approach to Acquiring and Retaining Talent."
* Oct. 3 - Jody Conaway, human resources director, Boston Scientic Corp., "Leading through Change."
* Oct. 10 - Eric Roegner, president, Alcoa, Global Hard Alloy Extrusions, "Alcoa, Exploring New Depths in Oil & Gas Exploration."
* Oct. 17 - Rollie Helmling, director of motor sports development, Indiana Economic Development Corp., "Revving Up the Indiana Motorsports Industry."
* Oct. 24 - Sybil Woolfork, director of marketing, Disney Vacation Club, "Here to There."
* Oct. 31 - Tia Cummings, assistant product director, consumer healthcare division, Johnson & Johnson, "Developing Your Personal Brand: Why it is Important and How to do It."
* Nov. 7 - Stephen Pruitt, Arvin Gottlieb/Missouri Endowed Chair of Business Economics and Finance, University of Missouri-Kansas City, "When You Wish Upon a Star …"
* Nov. 14 - Linda Mastandrea, attorney, vice president, Sport of Chicago 2016, "Going for the Gold."
* Nov. 21 - Rick Smith, CEO and chairman, Equifax Inc., topic to be announced.
* Dec. 5 - Scott Sorensen, chief financial officer, Bingham McHale LLP, "Achieving Success in Your Career: It's up to You!"
Writer: Tanya Brown, (765) 494-2079, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources: Richard A. Cosier, (765) 494-4366, email@example.com
Tim Newton, Krannert School director of external relations and communications, (765) 496-7271, firstname.lastname@example.org
Purdue News Service: (765) 494-2096; email@example.com
Note to Journalists: Because the primary purpose of the lectures is educational, no photography or videotaping is permitted during the presentations. Journalists wishing to cover individual presentations can arrange to interview and photograph lecturers by contacting Tim Newton, Krannert School director of external relations and communications, at (765) 496-7271, firstname.lastname@example.org
To the News Service home page