September 8, 2008
Committee named to find candidates for VP positionWEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University has formed a search committee to identify candidates for a new executive vice president for business and finance and treasurer.
Diane Denis, senior associate dean of the Krannert School of Management, will chair the committee to seek a successor to Morgan R. Olsen, who is leaving Purdue to become executive vice president and treasurer at Arizona State University.
"Our committee is charged with helping us identify and select the best candidate to serve as the university's chief financial officer," said Purdue President France A. Córdova. "This position is critical to the successful operation of the university and in developing the strategies that will keep Purdue fiscally sound well into the future."
Committee members are:
* Margaret Katherine Banks, head of the School of Civil Engineering.
* Morgan J. Burke, director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
* Brenda Coulson, assistant director of Housing and Food Services.
* Gregory W. Deason, Purdue Research Foundation vice president for real estate and research park development.
* James B. Dworkin, chancellor of Purdue North Central.
* Nancy E. Edwards, associate professor of nursing.
* Margaret A. Grogan, College of Engineering administration.
* Melissa R. Johnson, director of budget and fiscal planning.
* James K. Johnston, vice chancellor for administrative services at Purdue Calumet.
* Scott L. Ksander, executive director of IT networks and security.
* Martha A. May, senior director for buildings and grounds.
* Jesse L. Moore, director of supplier diversity.
* Rabindra N. Mukerjea, director of strategic planning.
* Pamela J. Phegley, School of Veterinary Medicine.
* Scott Seidle, senior director of investments.
The committee will begin to review applications immediately and will continue until a candidate has been selected.
The executive vice president for business and finance and treasurer serves as the university's chief financial officer and reports to the president and board of trustees.
The executive vice president is responsible for a $1.9 billion budget and will supervise and have responsibility for all financial affairs; business services; human resource services; physical facilities; auxiliary enterprises, including the residence hall system and internal audit functions; and will supervise the information technology enterprise jointly with the provost.
The position also will oversee financial relationships with affiliated corporations and provide liaison with legal counsel.
Writer: Greg McClure, (765) 494-9394, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Rabindra N. Mukerjea, (765) 494-9708, email@example.com
Purdue News Service: (765) 494-2096; firstname.lastname@example.org
To the News Service home page